According to the rules of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), it is mandatory to provide your photograph when applying for an Aadhaar Card. Read this article to learn about how to change the Photo in Aadhar card by visiting the Aadhaar Registration Center.
The Aadhaar card is one of the most important Government ID Proof as it contains the personal and biometric details of the cardholder. However, there may be cases where a person may need to update his/her details in Aadhaar.
There are two ways to update Aadhaar, one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment Center. Know the complete process on how to change Photo in Aadhaar card step-by-step.
Change photo in Aadhar card: Complete procedure
According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), you must be provided with a photo when you apply for an Aadhaar Card. If you wish to change your photo, you should visit the nearest Aadhaar Registration Center.
Steps to Change the Aadhar Card Photo
Biometric updates such as photos and fingerprints cannot be converted online. You will need to visit the Aadhaar Permanent Enrollment Center to make changes. The process of changing the Aadhaar Card photo offline as described below:
- Step 1. Visit the nearest Aadhaar registration center. You can find the nearest center by Locating an Enrolment center.
- Step 2. Collect the Aadhaar registration form. You can also download the form by visiting the official UIDAI website.
- Step 3. Fill in the relevant details on the form.
- Step 4. Submit the form and provide biometric details.
- Step 5. Your photo will be taken by an officer.
- Step 6. Biometric details will need to be provided for approval.
- Step 7. A fee of Rs.100 will be charged for updating Biometrics information in Aadhaar.
- Step 8. A confirmation slip will be issued with the Update Request Number (URN) mentioned. You can check the status of your request using the URN.
There is no need to provide a photo to update the photo on an Aadhar card. It may take 90 days to process the application.
Steps to Download Updated Aadhaar Card
Once your request to change the photo to Aadhar has been processed, you can download the updated Aadhaar card online. Follow the steps described below to download the updated Aadhaar Card:
- Step 1: Visit the official Aadhar page at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Step 2: Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ section
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option or you can also visit this link directly at https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Step 4: Select the ‘Aadhaar Number’ option
- Step 5: Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Step 6: Select the option ‘I Want a Masked Aadhaar?’
- Step 7: Enter the ‘Captcha Code’ for verification
- Step 8: Click on the ‘Send OTP’ option or Enter TOTP’ for a one-time password to your registered mobile number
- Step 9: When you are done, enter the 6-digit OTP and complete ‘Take a Quick Survey’
- Step 10: Click on the ‘Confirm and download’ option to download the e-Aadhaar card
Note: You can choose to download the standard Aadhaar card or the Masked Aadhaar Card. However, you will also need to update your Aadhaar information in the mAadhaar app after the update. Aadhaar data should also be updated in the DigiLocker app.
Important points to keep in mind when updating Photo in an Aadhaar card
- • Currently, you cannot update/refresh the photo on the Aadhaar card online.
- • Aadhaar Card status can be checked with the help of URN.
- • No documents need to change the photo on the Aadhaar card.
- • You do not need to send the photo as the executive/person in charge clicks the photo right there using the webcam
- • It may take 90 days for the details to be updated on the Aadhaar Card.
Complete stepwise guidance on how to change photo in aadhar card has been provided above in this article. Go through the above mentioned article to get the complete knowledge about photo change in Aadhar card.
Q. Can I update/modify my photo on the Aadhaar card?
Yes, you can update or change your photo in the Aadhar Card by visiting your nearest Aadhar Registration Center.
Q. How many days can I renew my photo on an Aadhaar Card?
According to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), your photo will be reviewed in Aadhaar within 90 days.
Q. Is it mandatory to change my photo on an Aadhaar Card?
It is important that all the details on your Aadhaar card are correct and updated. However, it may be best to update your photo again.
Q: What document is required for the renewal of a photo on the Aadhaar Card?
You do not need to send any documents to update your photo on an Aadhaar Card. All you have to do is pick up your Aadhaar Card and visit the nearby Aadhaar Kendra.
Q. What are the costs of updating the photo on the Aadhaar card?
The fee renewal for the change photo on Aadhaar Card is Rs. 100. These fees are set by UIDAI.
Q. Can I update my photo on an Aadhaar Card online?
No, you can only update your personal information (such as name, address, DoB, gender, mobile number, email) online. With Biometrics (Fingers, Iris, and Photograph) at Aadhaar, you should visit the Aadhaar Enrollment / Update Center.
Q. Where can I get an Aadhaar Update/Correction Form to change/renew my photo on the Aadhaar Card?
You can find the Aadhar Correction Form to change/renew your photo on your Aadhaar Card on the official UIDAI website or by clicking on the link – Aadhaar Correction Form.
Q. What is the cost of the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form for updating the photo on the Aadhar card?
Aadhaar Correction Form to update photo on Aadhar card free of charge.