Lately, the most annoying and irritating error that most canon users have been experiencing is that their canon printer will all of a sudden stop been responsive.
Do you also have that kind of chronic headache more of that of a nightmare when you receive the canon printer not responding error message? Well, I use to have this same headache every time until I later got to know the solution to this kind of error message that kept on hopping on my printer screen and that’s the more reason why I decided to come out and write this article because I believe that most canon printer users may in one way or the other be facing this kind of issue. So, if by any case you are having this kind of issue, consider this platform as the best platform that will clear your doubts on how to fix canon printer not responding error.
Furthermore, In a nutshell, before I proceed; I will like to give some reasons that may warrant you to be experiencing this kind of issue.
- Connectivity errors
- The collision between the firewall and the printer software
- Port configuration error and so on.
The above-listed errors may result in your printer’s irresponsive issues. Therefore, if by any case you receive the canon printer not responding error message while using your printer; endeavor to go through all the above-listed errors or you can better still contact the canon printer support for complete support on how to resolve such issue from coming over and over again to your printer.
Now let’s look into how to fix canon printer not responding error. Below are the tips or we can say the steps or the procedure to take whenever you get such kind of error message while using your printer?
- Check your connectivity settings: – In most cases, your printer may fail to communicate with your printer due to connection issues. When this kind of thing happens, the connectivity settings should be the very first thing that you need to check.
- Disable 3rd party firewall suite: – If you’ve checked and confirmed the network connectivity and it seems not to be the reason why your printer is irresponsive, just hop right away to disable the 3rd party firewall suite because it turns out to be the reason why this error message occurs in most cases.
- Change the USB to a different port in case your printer is a wired printer: – You may be receiving error messages due to a defect the USB port which you might have connected the printer with. So, if after you may have tried to disable the 3rd part firewall suit and nothing seem to change; all you have to do is to change the USB which you might have connected your printer with to another port and check if it’s going to stop showing this annoying error message on your computer.
- Reboot your printer: – Have you gone through the above steps to fix the error and yet the error persists? Well, do not be worried because there is still a solution. Reboot your printer and then wait for it to finish the reboot because in most cases; rebooting of your printer always helps in fixing most error messages and issues from printers.
- Reset the printer: If you might have tried rebooting the printer and yet the error doesn’t seem to be leaving your printer then you have to know that it’s high time you have to reset your printer. Resetting your printer will make your printer go back to factory settings by deleting whichever settings you might have set on it. But if nothing seems to change, do not endeavor to contact the canon printer support and explain in detail whatever issues that you are encountering with your printer device.
Thanks for reading and stay updated for more write-ups from our side. Till then, stay blessed!