The Parvati Valley is the perfect destination to keep away all the stress at the side. This valley is situated at the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. It is famous among travellers due to its majestic views. Here you can experience marvellous forests, high snow mountains, white waterfalls & many more attractions which make you in awe. In this valley, there are some famous trek routes like Kheerganga Trek, Sar Pass Trek, Pin- Parvati Pass, Chandrakhani Pass & many more.
The name of Parvati Valley is based on Parvati river flows here, and another reason is mythological itself that once upon a time Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati visits this valley after this valley is named as Parvati Valley. It is not the fact, but yes some people believe that. The Valley is perched at an elevation of 5000 meters from the sea level. Parvati valley has different forms according to weather. In summers the climate remains pleasant, which makes it perfect for spending the time and staying away from the scorching heat of open areas. In the winters the whole valley remains covered with the snow, and temperature sometimes dips below zero.
Best Places to Visit
Kasol- It is the most popular place to visit in this region. The Kasol is also known as Mini Israel in the Himalayas. It is the most favoured destination of Israeli tourists in India. From the past decade, it is also experiencing the massive footfall of Indian travellers. There are various campsites where you can enjoy the riverside camping with serene surroundings.
Jari- It is the first village situated in the Parvati Valley where you can feel the serenity. This village is away from the commercialisation so here you can spend quality time without the hustle-bustle of city life. Near the riverside, Alana Hydro Project is situated, which you can also view from here.
Chalal- This village is near Kasol. If you want to experience the forest walk, then it is the best place to do it. Walking to the Chalal allows you to have quality time with yourself. It will take 25 minutes to reach the village. In terms of surroundings, this village is as beautiful as other villages of Himachal Pradesh.
Manikaran- It is one of the most famous sites in Parvati Valley. Manikaran is the place where two religions Sikhism and Hinduism confluences at one point. Here you can seek blessings from the Gurudwara as well as from Lord Shiva & Lord Ramchandra temple. There are some other small temple complexes also.
Kheerganga- Kheerganga is the topmost destination in Parvati Valley. It is the trekking destination. The trek route to Kheerganga starts from Barshaini village. To reach the Kheerganga top, you have to trek 13 km which takes 5-6 hrs to reach. Kheerganga is famous for its picturesque surroundings and natural hot spring pool. Experiencing the dip at the lake is a fantastic thing which you should never miss out.
- Avoid plastic materials for use. In case you have used proper disposal of it.
- Avoid hard heated comments with local people. If you face any issues, then sort it out genuinely.
- Obtain all the permits before the commencement of the trekking to avoid last-minute arrangements.
- Do not involve in any activity which is against the Forest Law of India.
- Do not carry any weapon. It is against the law.
- Do not use any toxic material during the trip; it may lead you in difficulty.
- Upon asking you have to show your id-proof authority.
- If you face any issue regarding health, then tell your team leader immediately. They are experts to handle all kinds of health difficulties at high altitudes.
- Try to avoid activities that harm nature. Be a responsible trekker.
- Do not litter
- Do not make fun of any religious belief.
- Stick with the group and follow the instructions of the group leader.
- You can book the tour by BanBanjara travel company.
Things to Carry
- Extra Batteries for Camera
- Water Bottle
- Thermo Flask
- Sleeping Bag
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Woollen Clothes
- Woollen Socks
- Woollen Gloves
- Personal Toiletries
- Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Poles
- Trekking Bag
- Solar ChargerSmall Garbage Collection Bags
- Led Flashlights
- Identity Proof
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
It is all about the trip at Parvati Valley so- “Stay Blessed, Keep Trekking.”