Are you unable to send emails? In case you are facing issues while sending emails, then here are some troubleshooting tips that you can consider for fixing the issue. Reboot your device in case you have not restarted or shut down your device for quite some time, then you should start by rebooting the device. Sometimes, the computer RAM gets full. This may prevent you from sending emails. So, you should restart the computer for clearing the internal memory of your device. Try Another Browser Perhaps your browser is outdated or has compatibility issues. So, it is recommended that you try another web browser and see if your problem AOL mail not receiving emails solved or not. You can also try updating your current browser, or just install another one.
Turn off Pop up Blocking
AOL email service offers users the customized emailing experience that they have always desired. Users can update the settings to tweak AOL Mail and make it look and feel like how they want it. Users can customize AOL Mail as per their needs. They can change how they send emails, manage incoming emails, tweak how the inbox looks and much more. In case the pop-up blocking is enabled, then the users may not get any emails. Here is how to fix it.
1. First, log in to your AOL Mail account.
2. Click on the Options button located right below Mail Settings.
3. Now, you just need to click on the General option.
4. Locate the pop-up settings.
5. Disable Popup blocking.
Check the Spam folder
Sometimes, emails may be moving to the Spam folder. You need to check those emails as “not spam.” Here is the complete procedure to do so:
1. First, you need to open the AOL Mail software or go to aol.com.
2.Log into your AOL email account.
3. Click on the Spam folder on the left.
4. Choose the email that is not spam.
5. Now, click on the Not Spam button at the top.
6. Check if you are still facing AOL Mail not receiving emails issue.
Re-Add AOL Account
Try removing and re-adding your AOL Mail account. This might possibly resolve the problem.
1.Login to your AOL Mail.
2. Click on the Username at the top.
3. Select the Settings option from the list.
4. Now click on Accounts and Passwords.
5. Select AOL.
6. Click on your email ID.
7. Hit the Delete button.
8. Go back to the Settings.
9. Select the Accounts and Password option.
10. Click on Add account.
11. Choose AOL
12. Sign in to your AOL account. Log out and Login Again and AOL Mail not receiving emails issue can be fixed by signing out of your AOL account and then signing back in.
Follow these steps to fix the issue
●Launch an internet browser.
●Go to mail.aol.com.
●If you are logged in then hit the Sign Out option at the top of the screen.
●Reload the webpage.
●Once the page uploads, click on Login.
●Type your AOL email account username or email address.
●Click on Next.
●Type your AOL account password.
●Click on the Sign-in button.
Here are some browsers that work best with AOL Mail:
●SafariChange Mail Server Settings
You can try changing the AOL Mail server settings to fix the AOL not sending emails problem.
1. First, you need to open the Apps.
2. After that, you need to click on My Accounts.
3. Click on the Add Account button.
4. Now, the Set Up accounts drop-down will open.
5. Click on the Email option.
6. Type your complete AOL email ID.
7. Now, you need to type your AOL email account password.
8. Click on the square next to automatically configure the account.
9. Now tap on the Next button.
10. Wait for the set up to get over.
In case the automatic setup option is not available, you will be prompted to do a manual setup. Here are the steps to do so manually.
1. When prompted, click on the Manual setup.
2. Now, you need to access General Settings.
3. Click on the Confirm button and then click on OK.
4. Select the Incoming Server option.
5. Choose IMAP.
6. Now, you need to type the IMAP server.
7. Enable Use Secure Connection feature along with Verify Certificate.
8. In the Port option, you need to type 993.
9. Type your AOL email account username or email address.
10. Click on the OK button.
11. After that, click on the Outgoing Server.
12. Now, you need to enter the IMAP Server in the Outgoing Server option.
13. Again, tick marks the options for User Secure Connection along with Verify Certificate.
14.In the Port option, type 465.
15. Now, you need to type your AOL email address or username.
16. Type your account password or click on Confirm.
17. Click on the OK button.
18. Go to Other Settings.
19. Select the Date Range.
20. Click on OK. Disable Firewall
The firewall prevents miscreants from accessing your device. This stops them from accessing your personal information or injecting malware into your computer. Even though it is best to keep the firewall turned on for a majority of the time, you can try disabling it for some time. This may help you fix AOL not sending emails issue. Install Browser UpdatesPerhaps your web browser is outdated. To get the most out of your internet experience, you need to use an updated web browser. Install browser updates and then try sending an email on AOL. ConclusionThere can be multiple reasons behind the AOL Mail not receiving emails issue. If you are unable to send or receive emails on AOL, then do not panic. Try the aforementioned solutions and fix this issue. Sometimes due to problems with the server, this issue may occur. In such cases, you just have to be patient and wait for the server to get normal again. Meta DescriptionAOL Mail not receiving or sending emails? Find out the reasons behind this issue and the stepwise methods to resolve them.
Shubhi Gupta is a Digital Marketer professional at USA Tech Blog. who helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers. Previously, I worked as a marketing professional for various startups and tech companies. She graduated with b.tech from IIT Bombay & MBA from IIM Ahmedabad with a dual degree in Business Administration (Marketing & Finance).